MM has adopted this Policy and encourages you to carefully read it to understand of how MM collects, uses, protects or otherwise handles your Personal Information.
As a User, you expressly consent to the collection, use, communication and retention by MM of Personal Information and all other information disclosed by you to MM (and which it may disclose in the future) pursuant to the terms of this Policy.
Your knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, except where inappropriate. (For example, legal, medical, or security reasons may make it impossible or impractical to seek consent.)
MM will not, as a condition supplying a product or service, require a User to consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of information beyond that required to fulfil the specified purposes.
Individuals can give consent in many ways. For example, an online application form may be used to seek consent, collect information and inform the User of the use that will be made of the information. By completing and sending the form, the User is giving consent to the collection, use, and communication of its Personal Information for the specified purposes.
A User may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, as the case may be, and reasonable notice. MM will inform the User of the implications of such withdrawal.
What Personal Information Does MM Collect from Users?
When registering on the Platform, publishing requests for offers, subscribing to a newsletter, filling out a form or entering information via the Platform, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
The collection of Personal Information will be limited to that which is necessary for the specified purposes. By providing Personal Information to MM, the User understands and agrees that:
- the purpose of its Customer account and the Personal Information which it contains is to allow the Customer to obtain products and services from selected Suppliers, to facilitate the delivery of products and services by the selected Suppliers and to help MM and Suppliers improve their products and services by allowing them to analyze certain Personal Information, such as the location of the Customers;
- the categories of persons who will have access to Personal Information within MM shall be restricted to those who necessarily require them for the specified purposes;
- the place where User accounts will be kept is a server controlled by MM; and
- the User may access its User account and the Personal Information contained in it and correct such Personal Information, as required.
Does MM Use ‘Cookies’?
- identify logged-in Users to implement website functionality.
- understand and save Users’ preferences for future visits.
- keep track of advertisements.
- compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. MM may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on MM behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, etc.) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
3. USE, COMMUNICATION AND RETENTION
How Does MM Use Your Information?
MM may use the information it collects from you when you register, publish request for offers, sign up for a newsletter or alerts, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or use certain other features of the Platform in order to:
- personalize User’s experience and to allow MM to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- improve MM Platform in order to better serve you;
- allow MM to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests;
- publish and process requests for offers and offers and send information, notifications and updates pertaining to such requests for offers and offers;
- send periodic emails regarding requests for offers, offers, or other products and services;
- market to MM’s mailing list or continue to send emails to MM clients after the original transaction has occurred.
Personal Information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than for the specified purposes, except with the consent of the User or as required by law.
Retention, Use and Non-Communication of Information
- MM will take the security measures necessary to ensure the protection of Personal Information collected, used, communicated, kept or destroyed and that are reasonable given the sensitivity of the information, the purposes for which it is to be used, the quantity and distribution of the information and the medium on which it is stored.
- MM will not communicate to a third-party Personal Information contained in any User account or use it for purposes not relevant to the specified purposes, unless the User consents thereto or such communication or use is provided for by law.
- MM complies with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”) in regards to Personal Information, including an individual’s first and last name, a physical street address, an email address, a telephone number, a Social Security number, or any other information that permits a specific individual to be contact physically or online. The term extends to details such as a person’s birthday, height, weight or hair color that may be collected and/or stored online by MM in personally identifiable form.
- Pursuant to the AB 370 amendment to CalOPPA, MM responds to “Do Not Track” signals from Web browsers by [DESCRIBE THE PROCESS].
MM, if it communicates personal information outside California or entrusts a person outside California with the task of holding, using or communicating Personal Information on his behalf will first take all reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information will not be used for purposes not relevant to the specified purpose or the User account or communicated to third parties without the consent of the User, unless otherwise permitted by law.
Communication to Third Parties
- Each User consents to the communication of his Personal Information to any of MM’s affiliates and to any Suppliers that submitted offers accepted by such User further to a request of offers that he published, so that the Supplier may then communicate with the Customer.
- MM’s authorized employees, mandataries or agents or any party to a contract for work or services may have access to Personal Information without the consent of the User if the information is needed for the performance of their duties or the carrying out of their mandates or contracts.
- MM may, without the consent of the concerned Users, use, for its own commercial or philanthropic prospection purposes, a nominative list of its clients or employees, in which case MM shall grant the concerned Users a valid opportunity to refuse that the information concerning them be used for such purposes.
- If MM, on the basis of a nominative list, engages in commercial or philanthropic prospection, it will identify itself and inform the User to whom it is addressing itself of the latter’s right to have the Personal Information concerning him deleted from the list that it holds. For that purpose, MM will provide the User with a geographical or technological address, depending on the means of communication used, where a request to have Personal Information deleted from the nominative list may be sent.
- A User who wishes to have any of his Personal Information deleted from a nominative list may do so at any time by making a request to MM by sending a request via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
MM uses Google AdSense Advertising on its website.
MM has implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
MM along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
- Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Any User who has a User account may access the Personal Information which MM has retained regarding him by consulting the control panel of his User account.
Upon request, any User will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her Personal Information and will be given access to that information. All Users will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of their Personal Information and have it amended as appropriate.
- MM will, at the request of a User who has a User account, confirm the existence of the account and communicate to the User any Personal Information concerning him.
- No request for access or rectification may be considered unless it is made in writing by a User who proves that he is the User concerned or the representative, heir or successor of that User, the liquidator of the succession, or the person having parental authority if the User is a minor. This section does not limit the communication of Personal Information to a User or the rectification of that information as a result of a service to be provided to the User.
- MM, when dealing with a User account that is the subject of a request for access or rectification by a User, will respond to that request with diligence after receipt of the request.
Restrictions on Access
- Upon request, MM will inform a User whether or not MM holds Personal Information about the User and may indicate the source of this information. MM will allow the User access to this information. In addition, MM will provide an account of the use that has been made or is being made of this information and an account of the third parties to which it has been disclosed.
- A User may be required to provide sufficient information to permit MM to provide an account of the existence, use, and disclosure of Personal Information. The information provided will only be used for this purpose.
How Does MM Protect Your Personal Information?
Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
MM implements a variety of security measures when a User publishes a request for offers, submits or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your Personal Information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on MM servers.
References to Third Parties
MM includes or offers references to third party products or services on the Platform. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. MM therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, MM seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
5. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT OF 2018 (“CCPA”)
Effective January 1, 2020, Users residing in California have the following rights:
- Users have the right to opt-out of MM’s sale of their personal information.
- Users have the right to request the deletion of their personal information.
- Users have the right to request MM disclose to the User, no more than twice in a 12-month period, the personal information about User that MM collects, uses, discloses, and sells during the preceding 12 months, which shall include as follows, if applicable:
- The categories of personal information that MM collected and sold about User or shared for a business purpose with MM’s service providers.
- The sources from which MM collected such information.
- The third parties with whom MM shared that personal information and to whom MM sold that personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information MM collected about Users.
6. OTHER PROVISIONS
- Security. The Internet is not 100% secure. MM cannot promise that Users’ use of the Platform will be completely safe. We encourage Users to use caution when using the Internet. MM uses reasonable means to safeguard personal information under MM’s control. A user id and a password are needed to access certain areas of the Platform. It is the User’s responsibility to protect their username and password.
- Storage of Information. Information MM maintains may be stored in the United States or elsewhere. If the User lives outside of the United States, the User understands and agrees that MM may transfer your personal information to the United States or elsewhere. The platform is subject to United States laws, which may not provide the same level of protection as those in User’s country of residence.
7. CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE
Any User may address a complaint concerning compliance with this Policy to the designated individual or individuals accountable for MM’s compliance.
MM has put procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about their policies and practices relating to the handling of Personal Information.
MM will investigate all complaints. If a complaint is found to be justified, MM will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending its policies and practices.
All complaints or request regarding the protection of Personal Information shall be sent by e-mail to email@example.com [THIS EMAIL ADDRESS NEEDS TO BE VERIFIED AND UPDATED].
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, MM’s sole duty towards any User whose Personal Information is retained by MM in the event of any present or future non-compliance of MM with this Policy is limited to providing access to, correcting or deleting the concerned Personal Information.